I remember when it all began-
That much debated, treasured day,
When I came dressed in orange and tan,
By your table to tease and play.
Your gorgeous green eyes still give me
That same heady trembling feeling
They did when we were young and free.
You always left me slightly reeling.
A score of years have passed since then.
Each year confirms my choice was right.
You’ve become my lover and friend,
Father of our children’s delight.
There were times when dark clouds came
When pride and inattention reigned.
Humbled hearts fanned loves precious flame
Until those embers blazed unfeigned.
I am so filled with gratitude
For you, eternal companion.
Your priesthood power, sweet attitude,
And tenderness are without end.
Proven through the times of sorrow,
My love for you runs deep and true.
I bless today and find tomorrow
Holds promise of much joy with you.
Twenty red roses were delivered to my classroom and that evening we enjoyed an orchestra concert (Austin and Ashlyn) and dinner at Magelby's. We had our traditional stawberry pie too. It was a great day. Print this post

5 comments:
Hope you two had a wonderful 20th anniversary. The flowers are beautiful! We love you guys lots!
You have a talent at writing poetry! That was a beautiful tribute.
Happy Anniversary! You two are amazing!
-Lettie
Congrats!! Sounds like a great day.
I loved the poetry!! The roses are lovely. Dad feels like a "schlump" when he compares himself to Keith. We are glad you two have had a successful 2o years..Mom
Post a Comment