Robert L. Millet wrote a book called "When a Child Wanders" and the following is a small passage from it. I hope I won't get in trouble for quoting it but these words are so great and there are a few of you that read my blog every once in a while that may find some comfort. My friend and I were having a heart-to-heart about her son and she told me about this.
The Holy One of Israel, who is the Mediator of the covenant, has promised that when a seal is placed upon a father and mother- a seal that comes through faithfulness to their eternal covenants-their children will be bound to them forever. Even if the children stray, the tentacles of the everlasting covenant will feel after them and they shall, either here or hereafter, return to the fold. We do not fully understand all of the implications of this marvelous promise, but we trust in the ransoming and redeeming power of our Lord who is also our Savior.
"God has fulfilled his promises to us," President Lorenzo Snow explained, "and our prospects are grand and glorious. Yes, in the next life we will have our wives, and our sons and daughters. If we do not get them all at once, we will have them some time, for every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is the Christ. you that are mourning about your children straying away will have your sons and your daughters. If you succeed in passing through these trials and afflictions and receive a resurrection, you will, by the power of the Priesthood, work and labor, as the Son of God has, until you get all your sons and daughters in the path of exaltation and glory. This is just as sure as the sun rose this morning over yonder mountains. Therefore, mourn not because all your sons and daughters do not follow in the path that you have marked out to them, or give heed to your counsels. Inasmuch as we succeed in securing eternal glory, and stand as saviors, and as kings and priests to our God, we will save our posterity...God will have His own way in His own time, and He will accomplish His purposes in the salvation of His sons and daughters...God bless you, brethren and sisters. Do not be discouraged is the word I wish to pass to you; but remember that righteousness and joy in the Holy Ghost is what you and I have the privilege of possessing at all times" (address delivered 6 Oct. 1893; in Stuy, Collected Discourses. 3:364-65)
(page 150 of Millet's book)
Print this post
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is great Wendy. Thanks for sharing. I love you. Robin
Hey Wendy, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you guys during this hard time with your mom. That makes me so sad for all of you. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers. Love ya!
Amy
Post a Comment