Saturday, January 16, 2010

Those who scuba together....

Okay, so Keith and I have a dream of taking our kids to Belize and diving the Blue Hole and touring the Book of Mormon lands.  I am not sure if we are going to realize our dream but I keep hoping.  One step toward that dream was to get our young people certified.  Nick Crockett, our dear friend, gave us the most incredible and generous gift for Christmas.  In the week between Christmas and New Years Nick spent hours with our children and completed the class and dives necessary to certify ALL of our children--even Miss Ashlyn!  He arranged for pool time and then our deep dives at the crater in Midway and saved us a grundle of money.  Jacob Crockett got certified too.  For Christmas Keith gave me an underwater video camera housing which we got to try out as we witnessed our amazing children learn a wonderful, adventurous new skill. Way cool Christmas!





Classwork!
They all passed their written test with flying colors.


Learning skills at the Provo Rec Center.




Two days and five dives at the 65 foot deep crater in Midway.  That place is great since it is warm and deep but it is also dark!
Nick, you are the coolest!
Print this post

1 comment:

Grandma Sandy said...

It was so fun to see something new on the blog! You have a wonderful way with words. I'm so proud of your family & their accomplishments! Thanks for the update & sweet words on my behalf also...Love Mom